Bridgend County Borough Council’s Planning Department welcomes requests for advice at the very outset of a project. Our pre-application advice service is offered free to the majority of householders.
Before contacting us we recommend that you:
- Read up on relevant planning issues via the Council’s website and the Planning Portal website;
- Sound out the views of those who may be affected by your proposals;
- Gather together as much information as possible about your proposals - vague proposals can receive only vague advice;
- Appreciate that our advice is intended to help you understand the best way to go about seeking permission for your project. It does not constitute a formal decision by the Council as your Local Planning Authority.
Pre-application advice can be hugely beneficial to your project:
- It gives you an opportunity to understand how our policies will be applied;
- It can identify the need for specialist input, e.g. listed buildings, trees, landscape, noise, flooding, transport, contaminated land, ecology or archaeology;
- It will assist you in preparing proposals for formal submission which, providing you have taken our advice fully into account, will be handled more quickly.
- It may lead to a reduction in time spent by your professional advisors in working up proposals.
- It may indicate that a proposal is completely unacceptable, saving you the cost of pursuing a formal application.
Find out more about pre-application advice.